Jumping ropes could help you refresh the memory of when you were still a teenager filled with energy to jump. During those days, you are willing to implement new skills when skipping.
As at then, you can’t tell what benefits it possessed, but you fell head over heels for jumping and skipping. History has it that jumping rope was introduced to the fitness world in Egypt. Later, it became a way of life for many athletes worldwide.
But, it points out that there are many differences to the jumping ropes that exist nowadays. And this is where the weighted jumping rope comes into play. The benefits of the weighted jump rope are what differentiate it from the conventional jumping rope.
This is because it possesses a lot of health benefits that contribute to good living. Being conversant with the pros and cons of the weighted jump rope can help you prevent misconception. It will guide your decision to purchase effective fitness equipment.
Pros And Cons Of A Weighted Skipping Rope
- The perfect equipment for muscle building
- It enhances body coordination and mind concentration
- Suitable for novices and beginner
- High-intensity exercise/fitness training
- Relatively heavy than other jumping rope types
Looking at the demerit of using a weighted jump rope, you might want to ask how a heavy jump rope can be useful for your health. The difference is in the heaviness, which has a part to play on your body.
Are Weighted Jump Ropes Good For Your Health?
If you are a fitness enthusiast, weighted jump rope can help you achieve your training goals quickly. Although it is heavy, its portability and compactness help you burn calories and improve your cardio strength.
Another health benefit of the weighted jump ropes is enabling you to lose weight because it requires working harder for the rotation. It is an ideal fitness equipment for sharpening your mental health. It aids the healthy development of the right and left hemispheres of the brain.
According to brainHQ, the best way to boost the brain is to engage in aerobic exercise, including jumping. This is because it has positive impacts on the brain functioning at all levels.
Do weighted jump ropes build muscle? Yes, given that they require additional resistance, which triggers your muscles to participate. The movement of every part of your body increases your bone density. It makes you stronger and less prone to foot and ankle injury.
Therefore, using weighted jump ropes will make you stronger, and gives you dynamic balance and coordination. With the above, you can determine if weighted jump ropes are good or bad for you.
Top Benefits Of A Weighted Jump Rope
If you are the type that uses jump rope, the best way to increase your workout is by adding more weight to it. However, it depends on your fitness objectives. A weighted jump rope enables users to perform different types of jumps. You could do single leg hops, double under, or high-knees.
Weighted jump rope is one of the ways of engaging in energy and power training. Without the weight, it will be impossible to do such training. The muscular control of the weighted jump rope increases your workout intensity.
Even though you will need to expend more energy using the weighted jump rope, it remains the best for beginners. This is because the rope heaviness means you will be rotating the rope slowly. And slow rotation helps a beginner to build consistency and master the exercise.
Weighted Jump Rope Usage Hints
By now, you should be anticipating to get the benefits of the weighted jump rope. Before you begin, we would like to give you some hints to make it fun and fulfilling.
- Put Your Wrist to Work: Too many people, the arms are the main component of weighted jumping. To clear this misconception, you need to put your wrists to do a lot of work to rotate the rope. So it would be best if you change your mindset to allow the wrist to do the job correctly.
- Be conversant with your core top: Stability is essential when it comes to jumping. This is why you need to keep your core muscles active. Neglecting this could affect the result.
- Select the Appropriate rope size: For efficiency, never use a short or too long rope for weighted jumping. Using assumptions to choose a rope size might be misleading. However, ensure the handle doesn’t come above your armpit.
- Dance to your body tune: Being aware of your health status is vital because weighted jumping can be tasking. You might need to consider your footwear to prevent you from injuring your feet. If your body signals that you stop jumping, kindly listen to it.
- Catch a lot of Fun: Weighted jumping isn’t fun for kids alone, adults to can make the best of it. Begin with a slow movement and increase your pace gradually. If it requires you to maintain the slow rotation for a long time, stick to it. You can increase your speed when you master the art.
The information above is enough to know the reasons why you should use a weighted jump rope. Its associated health benefits include boosting of the brain, maintaining a balance, and burning excessive calories.
Weighted jumping is a fantastic way to build your body muscles and developing some fancy footwork. It is more than just a jumping rope.
Enjoy this Article? You May Also Like:
- Ultimate Guide to Jump Rope Mats: Which is Best for You?
- How to Avoid Jump Rope Injuries?
- Jump Rope Style Guide: Every Type of Jump Rope w/ Explainers
- Top 10 Jump Rope Moves to Spice Up Your Workout
- Top 15 Best Jump Ropes for HIIT/Crossfit Workouts 2020
LEANER, FASTER, STRONGER.
How to lose weight, get shredded and build an astonishing physique, using nothing more than a jump rope at home.