Eating the right foods before working out helps enhance metabolism alongside your performance. Some foods are harder to digest and slow you down while exercising. However, Optimal Pre workout nutrition minimizes the risk of muscle damage and makes gym time easier.
Consuming the right nutrient is like filling up an energy reservoir that will be activated when your strength starts dwindling. Athletes can get the right nutrients for a pre-workout bite from all the macronutrients. Now, the question lies in the appropriate consumption ratio and timing.
Table of Contents
The right Pre workout nutrition varies according to individuals, their bodybuilding goals, and the type of exercise. However, in a proper pre-workout meal, the consumption of the three major macronutrients is balanced. Though there should be a balance between protein, carbs, and fats, consumption of the latter is best avoided or limited.
Pre-workout nutrition for athletes should be eaten a few hours earlier. Right timing is crucial because it aids the proper digestion of food before exercise. Getting a hold of the right Pre-workout meal for you will result in many positive changes during your routine.
Pre Workout Nutrition for Athletes
Healthy pre-workout nutrition dissipates fatigue and enhances maximum performance and optimal recovery. All macronutrients play big roles in aiding these positive changes.
Protein in pre-workout nutrition promotes muscle synthesis and recovery while preventing muscle damage. In addition, protein aids in anabolic responses and heightens the chances of attaining lean body mass.
Carbohydrates boost glycogen as a source of fuel/ energy for rapid high intensity exercises. However, your glycogen stores get drained during lengthy exercise sessions. Therefore, you can easily maximize your body’s glycogen stores by practicing carb loading.
Fat aids your body in enduring lengthy, intense workout sessions. However, not all fats are healthy. Therefore, you should stick to healthy fat like avocado and consume it at the right time. Water is of great importance as dehydration is detrimental.
Summarily, the right Pre workout nutrition consists of a balanced blend of carbs, protein, and water. Depending on the exercise you plan to engage in, healthy fats are also necessary. You’re good to go with a balanced macronutrient diet two hours before exercising.
Pre Workout Nutrition Facts
Since nutrition is an essential aspect of a proper workout, athletes should be acquainted with a handful of pre-workout nutrition facts. The knowledge of these facts always comes in handy as they can always be applied.
- Pre-workout nutrition attracts much attention because it influences muscle mass, endurance, and other aspects of exercising.
- The ideal Pre workout nutrition timing is around two to three hours for a complex meal.
- On the other hand, you can eat a simple meal anywhere between 30- 60 minutes prior.
- The lesser amount of time left before your workout, the smaller and simpler your portion should be.
- Do not consume only one macronutrient. Instead, it’s best to eat a combination of protein and carbohydrates.
- If you plan on feeding on fat before a workout, you should do so three or two hours earlier.
- Caffeine is helpful in increasing strength, reducing fatigue, and speeding up the digestion of fat. So, drinking a coffee or tea 20-60 minutes before your drill is quite helpful.
- Above all, do not neglect water. You need to be properly hydrated when exercising and at all times. According to ACSM, you should drink about 0.6 liters of water four hours before exercising and follow up with 0.25 liters 15 minutes before a workout.
Obedience to these pre-workout nutrition facts is bound to pay off with health, performance, and bursts of energy.
Pre-workout nutrition is a lot easier than it sounds. All you have to do is balance your consumption of protein, carbohydrates, and fats depending on your routine and goals. While at it, do not neglect hydration and timeliness.
Eating a proper balance of macronutrients before your workout session will nudge you forward a long way. Furthermore, you will discover that it’s a lifestyle you should always abide by when you start. So, eat right, exercise fervently, and stay happy!
Hello readers, board the moving train of pre-workout nutrition and don’t look back. If you would like help setting up a proper meal plan for your workout, please drop a comment below. We’ll be waiting to hear from you.
Enjoy this Article? You May Also Like:
- Effective Meal Plan for Muscle Gain
- Sore Muscles after a Workout? Here’s how to Speed Up Muscle Recovery
- Jump Rope to Lose Baby Fat for New Moms
- How to Avoid Jump Rope Injuries?
- The Best Jump Rope Routine for Professional Basketball Players