Rope jumping is a form of cardio exercise that many people engage in. participants can include ordinary everyday individuals, kids, parents, workers, even professional athletes. Moreover, it’s a full-time body workout that burns calories while strengthening your core, building stamina, and improving lung capacity. We all know that anything worth doing is worth doing well. The above statement justifies the need for jump rope accessories when engaging in jump rope workouts.
Trust me, these accessories will come in handy when you exercise indoors. The reason is that jump rope training is a brilliant gym alternative for strength training at home.
Before we go into that, if you’re looking for discounts on our products – Visit our coupon partner here
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
To make the most of rope jumping: there is the simple essential equipment you would need. These jump rope accessories help you harness all the benefits of jump rope with little cost.
Interestingly, you don’t need expensive gym equipment to exercise with accessories like weighted jump rope, jump rope mat, good shoes, comfortable clothes, and spare jump rope handles. These few affordable items will work the magic!
Top Five Jump Rope Accessories
Let’s quickly take a look at some important jump rope equipment:
1. Jump rope mat:
This is one of the ultimate jump rope accessories. The surface you use for jump roping is significant as it contributes to a lot of essential factors. Jump roping can never be complete without the correct jump rope mat.
Using a yoga mat for jumping rope isn’t advisable because it isn’t built to accommodate such activity. Ideally, a quality jump rope mat should be at least 5 mm thick to provide adequate support. Here are a few reasons you should use a jump rope mat:
- A jump rope mat makes your workout safer. It protects your joints and prevents injuries like shin splints which often occur when you jump on hard surfaces. In addition, it prevents you from falling sore in your knees and ankles.
- It protects your rope from wear and tear due to abrasive contact with the floor surface.
- A jump rope mat helps soften the impact of your landing and eases your bounce back up as you jump.
- Jump rope mats are handy, and you can take them anywhere. Due to this, it gives you the luxury of exercising wherever you want
2. Good Shoes:
This is no doubt one of the most important jump rope accessories. The importance of putting on the right pair of shoes when jumping cannot be overemphasized. It’s essential to put on shoes when walking; how much more when jump roping?
Unfortunately, the wrong shoes make it difficult for you to maintain balance and can affect your jumping rhythm. If care is not taken, you might trip over when sporting in the wrong shoe pair.
Skipping bare feet without a pair of trainers or sports shoes for support will make your feet sore. Also, you cannot try bare feet rope jumping on just any surface. There are high chances of sustaining injuries while jumping rope bare feet. Therefore, I will highlight the importance of wearing good shoes when jumping rope.
- Shoes keep you safe from injuries such as ankle sprains.
- They provide comfort and are good shock absorbers for the impact gotten from jumping.
- Shoes give you sustainability. Without shoes, you won’t be able to try some skipping variations such as “the double under. “
- Shoes lessen the impact of your steps and cushion your feet from heavy landing.
- For personal safety, it pays off to invest in good shoes when jumping and to exercise as a whole.
3. Comfortable Clothes:
Just as there are appropriate outfits for work and parties, there is also suitable rope jumping outfits. When participating in physical activities, you always want to feel comfortable. As a result, when Jumping rope, it’s imperative to wear a cloth that keeps you dry and cool. Below are materials you should look out for in your workout attire:
4. Spare jump rope handles:
The handles of most ropes are detachable such that you could change them. They also make it easier for you to replace the rope rather than buy a new jump rope. Fitness equipment manufacturers have developed several types of jump rope handles with various features to suit your needs. Some are:
- Light-weight Wooden jump rope handles
- Plastic handles
- Handles with digital read-out screens
5. An exercise app:
These can keep you going on a day you feel reluctant to work out. In addition, it provides a timer and daily guides for you to follow.
Jump rope accessories are necessary equipment required. The good news is; they’re economical in comparison to other fitness equipment. Also, they do a great deal in keeping you safe and making your routine convenient and comfortable. Do well to gear up your complete jump rope accessory kit and jump without a fuss.
We bet you had a great time reading this! Please share your opinions with us in the comment section. Thank you
Enjoy this Article? You May Also Like:
- Jumping Rope for Cyclist: Why Cyclists Should Jump Rope
- Boxer Jump Rope Drills | Top 10 jump rope drills for boxers
- Bruce Lee Workouts: Jump Rope like Bruce Lee
- 5 Insane Jump Rope Variations to Challenge You
- Ultimate Guide to Six Pack Abs Jumping Rope