Are you looking for an easy exercise to merge with your jump rope training? If yes, then the infusion of bodyweight exercises to your jumping rope is what you need. These types of exercises are easy, and you can do them anywhere and anytime. A popular exercise that goes well with such routines for bodyweight is rope jumping.
The exercise is perfect because it goes with many others. Therefore, we will be discussing more exercises that you can pair with the jump rope.
Table of Contents
Many people desire to shape or reshape their bodyweight but aren’t sure how to go about it. We got it figured out. That’s where bodyweight exercises jumping rope comes in.
Exercises like push-ups, squats, bicycle crunches, and burpees are exercises for body weight. They are very efficient when combined with the jump rope. Moreover, as a pair, the exercises give you the fitness, energy, and weight loss you desire.
10 Bodyweight Exercises to pair with Jumping Rope
Calisthenics and jump rope are great exercises for anyone developing their body. You can easily attain fitness when you practice calisthenics alongside simple exercises.
That said, some activities that you can pair with your jump rope training include; push-ups, squats, squat jumps, sidekicks, burpee, trunk rotation, bicycle crunches, sit-ups, mountain climbers, and frog jumps.
Push-ups develop strength without lifting heavyweights. Steps to perform push-ups are:
- Open your hands till your wrists are under your shoulders, place your palms flat on the floor. The tip of your toes should be on the ground.
- While your body is in a horizontal straight line, lower yourself by bending your arms. Try to go as low as you can without your torso touching the ground.
- Push yourself up by straightening your arms.
Squats are an excellent way to start your exercise, especially as a beginner in bodyweight exercises jumping rope. Specifically, they develop your calf muscle and stamina. Steps for carrying out squats include:
- Open your legs a shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your hips until your thighs and feet are parallel. Keep your back straight.
- Use your heels and your knees to push yourself back up straight.
3. Squat jumps:
Squat jumps are more challenging versions of squats. Therefore, ensure you have fully mastered the standard squats before proceeding to this form. Steps for squat jumps are:
- Open your legs as wide as your hips.
- Bend into a squat, with your upper body straight.
- Jump up high and land back to the ground softly.
This exercise enhances knee flexibility. It is good exercise for swimmers too. In general, the body develops more energy at the knees and the legs as a whole. Therefore, the procedures for sidekicks are:
- Stand close to a wall, a little bit away, such that you can bend your upper body forward and place your palms on it with your elbows bent.
- Raise your right leg off the ground until it is horizontal.
- Take your right knee inward, as though to your right elbow. Then, kick the leg back out straight to the horizontal position again.
- Duplicate the action on the other leg.
Burpees are the most effective exercise for gaining strength and building endurance while at the same time burning fat. Steps for carrying out burpee are:
- Spread your legs shoulder-width apart and place your arms on your sides.
- Bend your knees and place your hands on the floor.
- Straighten out your legs behind you and lower your body down to the ground with your elbows bent.
- Using your arms, push yourself up and bring your legs back under your body.
- Jump straight up with your arms over your head. End it by bending your knees slightly.
6. Trunk rotation:
Trunk rotation stretches the torso and the waist. It enables flexibility. The procedures for trunk rotation include:
- Use the position for the plank exercise.
- Twist your torso while taking your left knee, while bent, towards your right elbow.
- Switch sides and repeat the movement.
7. Bicycle crunches:
Otherwise known as Bicycle, it is perfect for the leg category of bodyweight exercises. Steps for carrying out bicycle crunches are:
- Lay on the floor with your knees bent towards your chest. Place your hands behind your head.
- Take your right elbow to your left knee and stretch out your right leg.
- Repeat this procedure while switching sides.
Such an exercise like sit-ups strengthens the abdomen. Steps for carrying out sit-ups are:
- Lay on your back with your body straight and flat. Place your hands behind your head.
- Lift the upper part of your body until there is an angle of 45°-90° between your abdomen and thigh.
- Lay back down as gently as you rise up.
9. Mountain climbers:
Mountain climbers’ exercise increases endurance and helps to reduce weight significantly. Its procedures are:
- Raise your upper body, including your hands. You can use any object, such as a chair or a stool, to assist you.
- Bring your knee below your body. Stretch it out and do the same for the other legs.
- Start slow and increase your pace as you progress.
10. Frog jump:
The procedure for frog jump is similar to that of the squat jump. In frog jump, the only difference is that instead of jumping in one position, you jump forward and resume the squat position.
Jump rope bodyweight exercise serves the purpose each of these exercises serves. That is why it is a very efficient exercise.
All of the ten exercises stated in this article are to make your bodyweight exercises jumping rope training more efficient. You can include any of them and they’d be essential.
Getting fit is not as hard as it seems. You don’t necessarily need equipment and tools to get fit. Your body energy and gravity are all you need.
What are your thoughts? What’s your impression of this piece? We’d be happy to hear from you; please share your thoughts in the comment below.